TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - interesting
People Seeking Info

Subject interesting

Posted by Dallas DamonZ on January 04, 2016 at 3:24 PM
  This message has been viewed 620 times.

In Reply To Re: Re: Traction control......ish posted by Madhatter10-6 on January 04, 2016 at 02:57 PM

Message I felt the same way at first. Of course, the internet is a wonderful tool for answering the black magic of PID. My prior experience tuning a fast trim PID on something completely unrelated was super painful. When it's slow (like heating an oven) it's easier to tune.

Thanks for the snaps and the additional info, if I ever get to stand alone level, it's Haltech for me.

I get you can log in the software, what I'm talking about is replicating the traction loss where you can get the logging from. You're blind because you can't just blip the throttle repeatedly and get the same answer as expected. Trial and error until you like I suppose? That's the painful bit and sounds like the path you fought through initially.

Anyway, recommend spending time looking at tuning PI instead of PID. D will probably be 0 for you in this circumstance. There are a couple 9 plot charts out there for tuning PI that help since you can log and see the result. Do a google image search on PI tuning and they should pop up.

I know what you mean about Racelogic. I wish it wasn't a % but just an offset. Not sure why they did it that way. Haven't looked at the software in ages so maybe there's a way. Still haven't moved the box to Z-Lab from my '95 to mess with it again.

Later

Click here to e-mail me!Click here for Twin Turbo Zs of Dallas!

When was the last time you *really* did something with your Z to call yourself a Z enthusiast?

Member #1 PETZ

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.